Tuesday, July 3, 2012

DIY Frenzy

Ok, so maybe "frenzy" is a bit strong.  However, there are a LOT of projects I'm dying to do.  The one I'm currently working on is turning a cheap, hand-me-down (thanks, John & Cassie!) DVD shelving unit into a... cheap, slightly cuter DVD shelf.  LOL, I know it sounds silly, but hear me out.  The DVD shelf is about 4' tall & 2' wide.  Its shape doesn't lend itself well to the space in our living room.  So with a little sanding, a little paint, four table feet, and the wonder of a 90* rotation, it will be a low shelving unit that fits nicely under a window and doubles as a side table.  It'll get its own post once it's complete.

Another thing on the brain is a hall tree.  I'll be using the front door, and there's not a place to drop my junk.  I'm thinking an old door + a small table + crown moulding & hooks = hall tree.  (Of course with some paint and baskets.)  Here are a few I've found online:
I love the old vintage
feel of this one.


I like that this one has a little bench, 
and that the table doesn't match the door.


I like the mirror on this one.  I think I have
one with similar shape somewhere...


This one is so sweet... dunno if it's the butter
cream yellow or how simple it is.


Not sure I'm gonna go with
a bench, but I like the worn out
look of this one.
                        

I also want to make some kind of hook arrangement for Alex's hats, and something similar for my long necklaces.  I also need to make an earring holder, I think with burlap.  Oh, and "paint stir stick" lampshades. And a faux headboard with a various vintage candlestick arrangement for the guest bedroom.  And flower boxes for the front porch.  And ... I'll stop here.  You get the idea... I'm crazy.

But seriously, input on the hall tree would be very much appreciated.  So long, finch followers!

1 comment:

  1. I love hall trees! I wish I had space for one. Thanks for linking my blog! Yours is on my site too - I love it and look forward to reading!

    ReplyDelete